Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sunset Nails !

It's summer if you hadn't noticed! Summer is not only a time for swim suits, shorts, tans, but also a time for nails. Why don't we paint our nails bright, come on it's times for the neon to revive our spirits!
My sunset nails part 1 was inspired by a picture I found on google, in that picture there was one more person but you can only add so much on a nail no? Although you can't really tell, I used an orange ombre and used three different oranges. I then dabbed on some neon purple at the very tips of my nails for a less plain mani.For the sun all I did was add a dot of neon yellow and dabbed it a little but for the rays, again I added a dot of neon yellow to define the sun. I am very pleased how these turned out.

 Sunset nails part 2, this mani was inspired by a picture that Holly, a girl from instagram, had sent m. This mani is actually a collaboration with her, she has yet to upload her mani but if you follow me here you'll know.

To achieve this look I painted my nails white and then painted my tips with two sheer neon polishes from the China Glaze Sunsational collection. After I sponged on purple, orange, and yellow over the white and above the already painted colors on the nail. After the sponged on colors were opaque I then proceeded to dab on a lighter shade of orange on my two middle fingers and neon yellow on all my fingers. Afterwards I added the sun on my middle finger. Finally on my pinky and index fingers I added the palm trees and birds where necessary along with the wave swiggles.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment