Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Basics~

Nails
I have been doing my nails for maybe a year and a half constantly now, so you can say that I know how to paint my nails well. Sometimes seeing nails painted poorly irritates me but I know those people are not what you call professionals, you know. For this reason, I decided that I would share some tips and tricks about painting nails, nail necessities, and clean looks.
 
First things first, EVERYONE needs a base coat before painting your nails. The purpose of a base coat is endless ...maybe not endless but it does the job. Some base coats are used to strengthen your nails, the serum works its magic by making your nails less fragile and less prone to breaking. A second job for a base coat is growth serum, stimulates growth of the nails, perfect for those of you with short nails. All of these base coats/ strengtheners also serve the purpose of preventing huge staining of the nails, especially for those of us who paint our nails often, this is a life saver.
 
Now if you're willing to take the extra step to wear a base coat, which I promise is not a difficult task, then I recommend you make your cuticles look superb as well. Try buying a cuticle remover, they can be found in almost any drug store. There are disposable ones or the kind that last you forever and just need some washing. Your cuticles are basically the skin before where your nails start, it is just dead skin. Sometimes these cuticles are dry and it just does not look good. For this I recommend keeping them rejuvenated and healthy. Try using cuticle cream, cuticle oil, or hand cream to keep them really soft and glowing with health.
 
If you're ready to paint your nails then let me tell you some easy tips on how to paint them flawlessly and easily. When I paint my nails I always swipe the brush on the inside of the bottle to remove any excess nail polish, you don't want you brush overflowing and making a mess all over by dripping. Remember to leave a little space between the nail and the skin where your nails starts, it looks a lot nicer and clean. First thing I do is start at the middle of my nail leaving a medium sized dot and then pressing down and moving down to end of the nail. Next I start back at the middle of the nail but this time move towards the side of my nail where I did not paint and move downwards again to end of the nail. I repeat this step but move to the other side, now my whole nail is painted. now if you don' get it I will try to explain again - (     side      middle     side    )
                                              (   down     down     down     )
With your nail polish brush start at the middle of your nail and paint down to the tip of your nail. Start at the middle again and move the brush going to the left and then down again, repeat this step again only beginning at the right this time to cover the entire nail. Now I know that girls who aren't quite experts will keep on painting and paint and PAINTING the nail until it is opaque, meaning a solid color ....well let me tell you that it annoys me. Of course I don't blame you for doing that but hey guess what ? Y'all don't need to do that. Simply wait a minute to where the first coat is dry or somewhat dry and add a second coat simple as that. In doing this you prevent thick nail polish, dries faster, and looks pretty. Now if you got a little messy in the process try using a cotton swab or angled brush dipped in acetone to erase any mistakes.
 
Now if I'm not boring you yet and you still want to hear more, there is a thing called top coat. A top coat adds a beautiful shine to your nails and seals your nails to make the polish last longer. Now I'm not talking clear coat, I'm talking about a top coat. Many girls complain about how their polish takes an hour to dry fully, well guess what mine takes 5-10  minutes tops! All thanks to my fast drying top coat by Seche Vite, give that a try.
 
Thanks for reading, that is if anyone out there is reading this :)
Follow me on IG, Twitter, Pinterest, or kik @polisheddayyys

No comments:

Post a Comment